Friday, March 5, 2010

Edith's First Work Commute

As I sit here with frozen fingers, numb face and thawing toes, I will say that the ride to work this morning on the recumbent was not only exciting, but interesting. My legs feel great, and I am filled with euphoria. Let me tell you, it's cold out there.

My route consists of a few dangerous roads, namely route 73 and 561. It's imperative that I find an alternate route.

The trouble began on route 73 where the White Horse Pike merges just outside of Atco. No one dared stop at this freak-mobile with flashing lights both fore and aft. Oh, and dont mention the huge fluorescent caution flag.

Then where 73 intersects with it's busiest place, Wawa. All I can say is that if I repeated what this guy said to me, I might have to do some time. He literally turned into the Wawa without even considering the fact that I was just on his right. Just turned in. Thankfully I have good breaks. Oh and did I fail to mention? It's all MY FAULT.

Anyway, Im here at work safe with a goal today - find an alternate route. The additional miles won't bother me, but I will say this.

Why are you all in a hurry to get to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a family-style website. Please watch your language and keep it friendly!